Tobacco Free Bent County supports the 2020 Goals of the Tobacco Education, Prevention and Cessation Grant Program to increase tobacco cessation, reduce initiation of tobacco use, decrease tobacco prevalence among youth and decrease exposure to secondhand smoke.
Bent County Public Health focus’ on several different targeted populations, such as:
- Low SES Tobacco Users
- Middle and High School students, 10-18 years
- Bent County Community
- Colorado Coalition for the Homeless
With many different GOAL areas such as:
- Decreasing the tobacco prevalence and initiation among young adults especially low SES and straight to work young adults.
- Promote, implement and reinforce the Las Animas School Districts Tobacco Free Schools Policy.
- Develop and implement media campaigns to help decrease the tobacco use and increase awareness in the community.
- Partnering with surrounding agencies to increase the amount of QUITLINE referrals.